Thursday 6 January 2011

zoetrope

I have been concentrating so much on examples of walk cycles that I have completely forgotten to look at the obvious. Historically zoetropes are some of the earliest forms of cycles in animation.





Here is my own example from the first week of term:

 
 
Cycles also work very well with morph sequences, for example in the first week of term we made morph sequences in groups. I also made my own morph and cyclical sequence for the Open Brief and found that cycles in animation are not as limited as I would have believed them to be, managing to combine techniques of hand drawn and pixilation. Personally I find a lot of appeal in cycles, there is something satisfying about watching cleverly considered movements that repeat themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment